Physical activity is the #1 Key to health….just check out THE KEYS, and you’ll find it right there at the top. You can take inactivity to a new high (or should I say low), and be so inactive that you actually get SITTING DISEASE.
We are sitting too much and this is making us weak and prone to illness, so say researchers in the Journal of Physical Activity and Health. Sitting too much can lead to illness, included heart disease and diabetes, and also leads to disability and lack of independence later in life.
What can you do to prevent this from happening to you? One of the researchers offers these suggestions for replacing some sitting time with light activity:
• If you are watching TV, get up and walk around the house when a commercial comes on.
• When you are working in front of a computer, get up and walk around every hour.
• When you go to grocery store or mall, park in a space that is far away.
• When you get up to have glass of water or for a meal, walk around the house or office.
• Take the stairs instead of the elevator, if you are able.
Read more HERE